HMRC release highly anticipated update on the UK Plastic Packaging Tax
On 16 December, HMRC released an anticipated update on the upcoming UK plastic packaging tax, due to be implemented in just over 3 months’ time, on 1 April 2022.
This recent update is considered to provide a great deal of clarity around the tax, including details of packaging in and out of scope, providing long-awaited answers to businesses.
Access HMRC's recent update below, which goes into detail on the following topics of interest:
- Plastic packaging designed for use in the supply chain
- Plastic packaging designed as single use consumer packaging
- Plastic packaging where the primary function is for storage
- Plastic packaging that is an integral part of the goods
- Plastic packaging to be reused primarily for presentation
- Transport Packaging
Should you wish for any additional support on the plastic tax or have specific questions, please do get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org